The mathematics curriculum is a comprehensive program, which includes the study of statistics, algebra, geometry, topics in discrete mathematics, trigonometry, functions, and calculus. The sequence of topics has been designed to provide the mathematics required for successful completion of parallel science coursework. Algebra I, the first course, is required prior to grade 9. A full range of electives is provided including Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Complex Variables, Cryptography, and Differential Equations. Extensive use of graphing calculators and computers is included throughout the basic sequence of courses.
Questions about Math at TJ
- FAQ's about Math at TJ
- Flow Chart of Mathematics Courses
- AP and Beyond Course Expectations
- Semester Scenarios
- 2016 Open House Presentation (video)
- Math Textbooks with ISBN Numbers
- Guidelines for Acceleration for Math and Computer Science Courses
- JUNE TJ Math 4 Placement Test Request Form (Must be currently taking Algebra 2 with Trig)
- TJ Math 4 or 5 Placement Test Request Form (Must be currently taking Algebra 2, Algebra 2 with Trig, TJ Math 3, or TJ Math 4)
Below are the courses offered through the Mathematics department.