Frequently Asked Questions - Humanities
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about TJ's Humanities Program. Check back with this page as we will update it when necessary.
- Question: Can I take World History & Geography 2 or US/VA History over the Summer so that I might have an extra slot to take another elective in my schedule?
- Answer: No. One of the unique features of TJ is the interdisciplinary curriculum that all 10th and 11th graders take; Humanities I (World History 2 and English 10) and Humanities II (American History and English 11).
- Question: I already have my extra history credit, but I still need the mandatory verified credit. Will I be able to fulfill the one verified history credit, through any of the required history classes?
- Answer: Verified credits are available in World History & Geography 2 as well as Honors US/VA History or AP US History.
- Question: Can I take both Economics and Personal Finance (online or self-directed) and then also take AP Economics later if the subject interests me?
- Answer: Yes