TJHSST Class of 2025 Official Orientation
Here is a note from TJ Principal Dr. Ann Bonitatibus about the upcoming TJ Class of 2025 Official Orientation that will take place on Thursday, August 19 from 8 a.m. to noon. Check back with this site as a more complete schedule of events will be posted soon.
Dear TJHSST Class of 2025 Families,
Can you believe the first day of school is less than two weeks away on August 23? We are eager to get started and welcome you! We had asked you earlier to hold the date and time for an orientation on August 19 and now we have the details to share with you.
The TJHSST Class of 2025 student orientation will be held Thursday, August 19, from 8 a.m. to noon. It is the only official orientation for TJ’s Class of 2025. As a general reminder, only messages from the TJ administrative staff, Communications Support Specialist Mike Roth, or from me are to be considered official messages from TJ. All official TJ messages are sent via NewsYouChoose or through eNotify email.
Below is a preview of the Class of 2025 orientation schedule.
When you arrive on campus from the Braddock Road entrance, you may park in the rear parking lot by turning left when you enter campus and follow signage to the left. You may also park on the access road next to the stadium, or in a lot next to the stadium. Please then walk to the main entrance at the front of the school we affectionately call The Dome.
- 8-8:30 a.m. – Students will be able to pick up their schedules at stations set up in The Dome lobby and inside Nobel Commons. From there, students will proceed to Gym 1.
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – FCPS Region 2 Assistant Superintendent Dr. Fabio Zuluaga and I will deliver welcome messages. Afterward, several student speakers will offer insight on what the day-to-day TJ experience is like.
- 9:30 a.m.-Noon – Students will be released to “walk their schedules.” They will spend 15 minutes in each of their classes, going in order from first period to seventh period. This is an opportunity for students to meet their teachers and counselor, learn about IBET teams, and hear expectations for each class.
- Noon- there might be an opportunity to meet SGA-arranged BigSibs for students who registered. SGA will communicate individually with those students.
- Note: Froshmores, those entering grade 10, will report to room 9 at 9:30.
For All Parents/Guardians:
- 8-8:30 a.m. – While students pick up their schedules, parents/guardians will go to the auditorium for opening presentations.
- 8:30-10:45 a.m. – Inside the auditorium, you will hear from several school leaders about some of the opportunities your student can take advantage of during their time at TJ, along with insight from upperclass students about their time at the school. Time for parent networking will also be built into the morning.
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Parents/guardians will meet with counselors and Integrated Biology, English, and Technology (IBET) teachers in small group meetings.
- Noon- if SGA arranges BigSibs with individual students, those parents/guardians may slip out for lunch or remain in our networking area for parents/guardians.
We look forward to seeing you Thursday, August 19! If you have any questions, please reach out to Communications Support Specialist Mike Roth at @email.
Dr. Ann N. Bonitatibus
Proud Principal, TJHSST