2019-20 Opening of School
Welcome (back) to TJHSST!
Read the Principal's Back to School Letter News You Choose.
New Student Orientation
If your student is new to TJ, whether as a freshman or upperclassman, you are invited to attend New Student Orientation:
- When: Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Where: Gymnasium (signage will direct you for parking and entrances)
- Early Bird Special: 8:00 a.m. new student schedules will be ready for pick up, so come early!
- Program Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Following the program, new students will have lunch and then network with BigSibs and other student leaders. More information to follow.
- While parents are waiting for their students participating with BigSibs, the TJPF will host a networking and community-building luncheon with representatives from PTSA and Booster organizations present.
First Day of School
Students report to school Monday, August 26. A reminder that schools will be closed August 30 and September 2 for Labor Day weekend.
Back to School Nights
- September 5: Freshmen and Senior Classes from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- September 11: Sophomore and Junior Classes from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Back to School Bash
All parents and students are invited to our annual Back to School Bash sponsored by the PTSA, SGA and TJ Student Activities Office.
- When: Friday, September 13
- Where: TJ Athletic Fields
- Time: 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
- What: Games, prizes, live music, food, home football game at 7:00 p.m.
Come support our school and soak in nostalgia the weekend of September 27.
Logistics and Communication
Student schedules will be available in SIS StudentVUE and SIS ParentVUE on Thursday, August 22, at 6:00 a.m.
- Access SIS StudentVUE using your FCPS network credentials.
- If you have not created a SIS Parent Account, watch a video. Account activation information will be mailed home between August 13-16.
- If you need assistance navigating the system, watch a video.
From Tuesday, August 20, through Thursday, August 22 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., you may pick up tags in the Nobel Commons located just inside the main entrance at the Dome. Students should bring their driver’s license and a $200 check payable to TJHSST.
Safely Arriving at School
Doors open to our TJ students at 7:30 a.m. Student drop-off is located behind the school. Parents, please drop off your child at the Kiss and Ride by coming in the school’s entrance off Braddock Road and following signs to the left.
All visitors must enter through the Dome (Door 1) and sign in at the Main Office. A camera/buzzer system at the main entrance enhances and ensures safe entry for our guests. Also, Officer Steve Richards, our School Resource Officer, will be on site regularly and his vehicle will be parked at the front of the school.
FCPS continues its online payment system, My School Bucks. Expenses that include fees, meals, and certain classroom costs are managed via MySchoolBucks.
Staying in Touch
TJHSST uses News You Choose for regular communication with parents and you are automatically subscribed with the email on file with TJ. You may tailor your preferences. Emergency communications from the school and FCPS are delivered via e-Notify to your email.
Transportation information has been sent by FCPS via email and text. Bus assignments are also found on FCPS 24/7 under "Bus Stop Information." Here Comes The Bus mobile app will be available starting Monday, August 26.
Required Forms Due September 6
Thank you for completing forms in a timely manner. Students can begin turning in forms to their homeroom teacher on the first day of school. The required forms are linked below so you may print and complete the forms:
- Health Information Form
- Residency Verification
- Honor Code Pledge
- Please make updates to emergency care information through weCare@school.
- All students will receive a hard copy of the FCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities Guide by the beginning of September. Please review with your child and return the parent signature sheet once you receive the hard copy. The parent signature sheet is due October 25.
- FCPS Opt-out information can be found on the FCPS website.
- Free and Reduced Meal information for qualified families
- Resources for military families only.